– 2 lb of Swiss chard or spinach, ribs removed, leaves chopped
– ½ cup of freshly chopped basil
– 1 lb of ricotta cheese
– ½ lb of farmer’s cheese
– 5 large eggs
– Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
– 1 pre-baked 12-inch wide tart shell
– ½ teaspoon of saffron threads dissolved in 1 tablespoon of boiling water
– 4 tablespoons of butter, almost melted
– Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
– Blanch the Swiss chard in boiling water for 1 minute; then drain and squeeze dry.
– Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the basil, cheeses, and 4 of the eggs.
– Season with salt and pepper and add half of the saffron and soft butter.
– Fill the pre-baked tart shell and bake for 15 minutes.
– Beat the remaining egg with remaining saffron and spoon this over the surface of the tart.
– Bake for 20 minutes longer or until puffy.